Guest Video Post by Nicholette von Reiche, Nicholette Styles
In this episode/training you will learn:
- Where and how to use product mock ups in your business
- 3 great resources to find on brand mock ups your ICA will love
- Two easy ways to add an image to your mockup in Canva
- Bonus tips to create mockups that look real and professional
Here are some examples of what you can create:
00:17 What to use product mockups for
01:05 3 resources for mock ups
01:50 The different types of mock ups
02:12 Looking at your tablet or phone for reference
02:41 Stey by Step instructions to add your images to your mockups
04:05 Using a premade/designed image
07:10 Horizontal images and screenshots
- Make sure that the mockups you choose compliment and go with your brand.
- Prepare your graphics and screenshots ahead of time and import them into Canva.
- Try before you buy. Screenshot the mockups that you like first, and trial them in Canva to see how they work with your graphics / screen shots, and then purchase the ones that worked the best and replace it with the high res version in Canva.
- Choose mockups without any obstructions over the screen
- Remember to a leave a thin black / white border around the edges. Look at your device(s) for reference
- On a mac keyboard press Command + Shift + 4 to take a custom size screenshot
- Zoom in to manipulate, size and position your images like a pro
- Crop smaller section at a time to get your image dimension to fit perfectly.
Still have questions:
Ask your question in the comments section, in the TCC FB Group or get in touch with NicholetteStyles.com
* these are affiliate links to products and small businesses we love, use and support.
About the Author
Nicholette von Reiche is the go-to Canva Queen for creative, style-savvy entrepreneurs who want to create gorgeous, cohesive designs for their business that they can promote with confidence.
Born in Cape Town, South Africa, she’s had several fascinating past lives, including work as a Food Stylist, Event Coordinator, Health Coach and Home Stylist before bringing her talents online to teach (and do) Canva Styling for female biz owners. Needless to say, she knows a thing or two about what it takes to create beautiful spaces, places and experiences.
When Nicholette’s not building her Clever with Canva Empire or creating custom Canva templates for clients, you can probably find her on a (hopefully scenic) patio with a glass of crisp white wine, restyling her scatter pillows or building Magna tile mansions with her toddler, Pomeranian and husband.