Hey, you. Yeah, you over there who has this passion that fuels your soul. This passion that you think deep down inside might just be able to turn into a business, but you’re maybe a little more than nervous about even thinking that. I mean who makes money from doing something they actually love? We do. And so can you. We believe in treating our business (what you might be calling a hobby) like a business from day zero. Before we had clients or raving customers. Before it helped pay the bills and allowed us to work from home and make our own schedule. Before we had to pay quarterly taxes and consider an LLC. Before all of that we decided that this little ole passion was going to be a full blown, soul fulfilling, freaking profitable business.
Once you establish that this passion of yours can be a profitable business it’s a lot easier to make crystal clear decision regarding your business. Should you invest in that program? What about blogging? What social media channel should I be on? Should I focus on list building and email marketing? When you’re clearly able to see where you want your business to take you you’ll know within seconds how much time and in what areas you should be focusing on for your business. Until you get to that point mentally you’re just “trying things.” We know it’s easier to tell people “I’m trying it out and seeing where it’ll lead me.” It’s harder to own what you’re doing and what you want it to become.
So the first step is done. You’re ready and willing to go head on into this whole creative small business owner thing and totally rock it. What comes next?
You’re armed with passion now let’s get you the tools to make it all happen. While there are loads of tools (softwares, apps, products, and systems) that we use everyday that make our jobs easier there are a select few that we absolutely couldn’t live without. Swipe them, use them love them and watch them help you save time and knock some major things off the ole to-do list. We’re all about working smarter not harder.
- ConvertKit: Our favorite and handiest email service provider. We’re all about investing in things that make the most sense for your business. Email marketing makes sense and shows about a $44 return for every $1 spent so it’s clearly worth your time and money.
- Pic-Tap-Go: The easiest, fastest and most powerful iPhone editor available. For just $1.99 you’ll be able to edit your smartphone pics in a way that mimics the quality of DSLR images. This is the only editing app we suet edit on the go. It’s the key factor in how we’ve been able to create a consistent and professional looking Instagram feed across the board.
- WebinarJam: This is how we run our webinars and it’s been one of the biggest game changers in our business. When we were running webinars every month the first 5 months of our business we doubled our list every single time. It’s been a huge factor in the growth and engagement of “our people” on our list.
Now that you know you’re gonna make this happen and you know the tools that are gonna help get you there when does it all happen? Well, now we have to take a long hard look at our day and week. We know you’re probably at that full time job still (outside the home) or chasing the kids and the laundry is (sometimes an additional) full time job in and of itself. You’ve got to make concise decisions in a timely manner in order for you to see the most movement. Well before we can actually start penciling stuff in you first need to plan out and write in how you even want you week to look different. What would it look like if you actually gave your business your all? What would happen if you took a Tuesday off?
Are you going to be building a business that’s going to need your attention 24/7/365 or will you set up systems that can work behind the scenes when you aren’t there?
This is where it’s going to be super easy to look at what everyone else is able to do in their business. You’ll look at their Instagram feeds or read their newsletter thinking that have bigger budgets, more time, better results and richer clients. This comparison corner is not a fun place to be in and you’ll start to feel bad if it doesn’t seem like you aren’t catching up. This is when we urge you to think about what’s going to work for you and your family or situation. If you can only give 30 minutes a day make it a damn good thirty minutes.
Here’s the bottom line: we believe in you, your passion and your success. We want to be your biggest (and loudest) cheerleaders in everything you do. We want this world to be filled to the brim of people loving their jobs instead of hating them. We want to help new generations form of people working creatively and so freaking passionately that it runs out their eyeballs. We think you’re ready to be a part of that.
If you’re ready to see some movement in your business and be proud of what you get to do every single day we want you inside our brand new (FREE) course Spark Your Creativity: 7 Steps to Ignite Your Business. Here’s what we’re breaking down:
- Why your passion needs a purpose
- More tools to be more productive and badass apps to help you cut the crap
- The mistakes we’ve made and the things that can totally kill your vibe
- How to plan your dream week and how it can totally shift how your business runs
- The secret sauce behind our success (and how you can totally copy it)
- The best way to make goals that get done
Hundreds of creatives have already chosen to take these steps and are ready to see big changes in their creative business. Will you be the next one?